Sunday, February 17, 2008

Is Pure Honesty Worth It?

I was wondering whether being completely honest on here is worth it. The reason I am pondering this question is because I am quite sure some individual with better than average computer skills will track my true identity and location and thereby throw a wrench into my plans. I am not trying to become famous or even play with anyone else's emotions like some recent "90 day Jane" artistic suicide bullshit. I simplify feel my story is interesting and entertaining, but of course this is purely subjective and someone else may tune out. I myself find the world a more interesting place when people (the ones who are rational) open up and share their true feelings with others. I like when people are "real" or honest, to put it another way. I do not like people who preach hatred and violence. I know I am digressing from the main issue at hand, which is suicide, but I am also trying to test the waters on this blog site. I am an individual who does value and respect life (except my own), and I do my best to treat others with kindness. I myself am bipolar, and have pretty much been heading down a one-way street of self-destruction for the past 16 years. I am thirty-four now, and the chances of me reaching thirty-five are slim; and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing from my own point of view. There are two things I hope may be accomplished thru my blog, that A) someone who is feeling hopeless and still has options may find new hope in my blog , and B) people may find my story interesting and learn something from it that may better their life or someone else's life they know who may be heading down the same path of self-destruction but still has time and options left.
The thought of "nothingness", if there are even words that can even scratch the surface of what I call the great oblivion, is not scary for me. I find it quite comforting as time goes on. I am not religious and do not believe in the fairy tales of heaven or hell. I will go into more detail on this subject in the future, but for now I do not want to write on and on just so I can find out I am the only one reading it. I have been writing a journal/autobiography of my bipolar self-destruction for about a year and half now. My goal/goals (I have two) are to complete the autobiography/journal and you can guess the other one. Hope someone reads this, and if not, it's not like I can feel any worse, LOL.

No comments: